WCIT Enterprise Awards champions of 2014 revealed!
Worshipful Company of Information Technologists announce 2014’s hottest entrepreneur talent
Congratulations to the newest additions to the WCIT’s entrepreneur leader board, who recently scooped up prestigious accolades, recognised by WCIT as the country’s most successful IT entrepreneurs of 2014.
GFT were delighted to sponsor the event alongside techUK (Formerly Intellect), Cobalt, Investec, Innovation Warehouse and Smith & Williamson, being part of the conversations with successful entrepreneurs – learning about new and interesting ideas and technologies. We’re always on the lookout for new concepts and innovations to improve processes within the technology markets, so it was great to see such a mix of pioneering talent and ideas in different sub-sectors of IT.
Following my WCIT post earlier this year calling for award entries, I am now pleased to share this year’s winning entrepreneurs…
WCIT’s stars of 2014 leader board
- Judges Award: Vin Murria, founder of Advanced Computer Software Group, the healthcare and business management software and IT services provider. With this award, Murria is recognised as not only a successful entrepreneur, but a role model to other professionals
- Social Enterprise Award: Anthony Impey, CEO of IT service provider, Optimity
- Innovation of the Year Award: Darren Westlake, CEO of Crowdcube, the equity crowdfunding platform
- Emerging Entrepreneur: Sanjit Atwal and Leo Harrison, co-founders of Squawka, a web application that delivers real-time data visualisations of live football matches.
- WCIT Enterprise Award: Environmentally focused entrepreneurs, Jim and David Driver of mobile surveying technology and CRM platform provider, eTech
- Young Entrepreneur (under 30): jointly awarded to Dominic Joseph and Adam Ludwin of digital advertising technology company, Captify
- Developing Entrepreneur Award: Tony Pepper, and Neil Larkins, founders of market-leading encryption services provider, Egress Software Technologies
- Mentor of the Year: Paddy MccGwire, managing partner of Cobalt Corporate Finance
The evening was a celebration of entrepreneurial spirit, so on the cards was the interview of Michael Tobin, Telecity CEO, by Richard Holway, chairman of research firm TechMarketView, discussing Tobin’s acclaimed book on alternative business leadership and management methods: “Forget Strategy, Get Results”.
According to Chairman of the WCIT Enterprise Awards Panel, John O’Connell, one key goal of the awards is to help create new technology world champions from the UK. We’ll be keeping an eye on WCIT’s tech champs of 2014 and we’ll also be unveiling our contest, CODE_n – so watch this space!